How Should You Act During the Hiring Process at Amtrak? The first thing that companies do is to create a recruitment Process. This ensures that recruitment is proactive.
- What does process completed mean on application status?
- Is it hard to get into Amtrak?
- How do I pass the Amtrak interview?
- What are the chances of passing a job interview?
- What does it mean when HR is processing your application?
- Why does my application still say in the process?
- How long does it take to hear back from a job application?
Amtrak employs more than 20,000 divers, Conductor, Mechanical, and energetic professionals in various career fields.
Search and Apply to Jobs on Amtrak Careers
The Hiring Process at Amtrak
- Application – the first step to create Your Profile
- Find your Job
- Selection process
- HR Interview
- Pre-employment Assessments
- Hiring Manager Interviews
- Job Offers
- Start your first day
Resume expert review
You compete with many candidates and it is important that someone go through your resume to increase your chances of getting hired at Amtrak.
- OBS and Station Services
- Amtrak Police Department Jobs
- Engineering Jobs
- Onboard and Station Services Jobs
- Office of Inspector General Jobs
- Conductor Jobs
- Locomotive Engineer Jobs
- Mechanical Jobs
Employment Assessment Test At Amtrak
Amtrak may require applicants to take assessments or tests as part of the hiring process.
The pre-qualification assessment is basically an online test like job tasks, problem-solving, work history questionnaire, simulation scenarios, and work-style questionnaire.
Ramsay Test, Hogan Personality Test, SJT Test, Mechanical Aptitude Test
About the Company
Amtrak is the National Railroad Passenger Corporation, doing business as Amtrak, is a passenger railroad service that provides medium and long-distance intercity service in the contiguous United States and to nine Canadian cities.
Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- The Washington Terminal Company is a corporation created in Washington, D.C., United States, to support railroads using Washington’s Union Station.
- The Chicago Union Station Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amtrak that owns Chicago’s Union Station, the largest intercity station in the Midwest, as well as the approach tracks.
- Amtrak’s Downeaster operates four daily round trips between Brunswick, ME, and Boston.
- Penn Station Leasing
- Street Limited
- Passenger Railroad Insurance – Insurance Company
What are the behavioral based interview questions for Amtrak?
Behavioral-based interview questions are designed to assess an applicant’s past experiences and behaviors to predict their future performance on the job.
behavioral-based interview questions:
- Can you give an example of a time when you had to handle a difficult customer?
- Tell me about a situation where you had to work under pressure.
- Can you describe a situation where you had to work with a team to accomplish a goal?
- Can you describe a time when you had to deal with a conflict at work?
- Can you give an example of a time when you had to think creatively to solve a problem?
- Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a change in your work environment.
- Can you describe a situation where you had to use good judgment to make a difficult decision?
Questions and answers you need to know:
Are Amtrak employees federal employees?
Amtrak employees are employees of Amtrak and not actual federal employees
How much does an Amtrak conductor make a year?
The average pay of $40,000
How long is Amtrak conductor training?
Eight hours a day, five days a week
Does Amtrak offer a pension?
You Amtrak begin receiving a monthly pension
How much does an Amtrak coach cleaner make?
The average pay of $40,000
Find similar jobs and match your qualifications to a job at