A cover letter for an internship is a document that accompanies your resume and explains why you are interested in the internship and why you would be a good fit for the position. The cover letter is an opportunity to introduce yourself to the employer and highlight your qualifications, skills, and experience.
Here are some of the most common Cover Letters for an Internship, along with the best way to answer them:
- How do I write a cover letter for an internship?
- Do you need a cover letter for an internship?
- How do I write a cover letter for a student?
- How do I write a cover letter with no experience?
- How do you begin a cover letter?
- How do you write a perfect cover letter?
- How do I write a CV for an internship?
- How do you send an email to an internship?
- What is an internship letter?
- What should not be included in a cover letter?
- Do recruiters read cover letters?
- Are cover letters necessary in 2020?
What are 3 key elements of a good cover letter?
The following are three key elements of a good cover letter:
- Tailored to the specific job: Your cover letter should be tailored to the specific job you are applying for. Mention the job title and highlight how your qualifications and experience align with the requirements of the role.
- Strong opening: Start your cover letter with a strong opening that grabs the reader’s attention and motivates them to continue reading. This could be a brief statement about your interest in the position or a compelling reason why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Explanation of how you add value: Your cover letter should explain how you can add value to the organization and the specific role you are applying for. Highlight your relevant skills, achievements, and experience and show how they will help you excel in the position.
Cover Letter for an Internship Sample
Pebble Street, Rock City, Boulder state, 1234
Dec 31, 2020.
Recruitment Manager, Human Resources
Branch Street, Wooden city, Forest state, 4321
Dear Mr. Kidding,
I am writing to apply for the internship position at www.next-interview.com, as advertised on your website’s careers page. I have read your requirements thoroughly, and I believe that my academic accomplishments meet all of these requirements.
I am currently studying Marketing at Funky University. My grades are great, and I am taking part in extracurricular activities. The subjects I study include:
- Subject A
- Subject B
When I saw the job opening, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to offer you my skills. I’ve included my resume, so you can learn more about me, my education, and my experience.
Please feel free to email me or call my cell phone at 111-111-111. If I don’t hear from you, I will call you on Wednesday at 13:00, to discuss my application. Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.