The first step in any recruitment process is the definition of the job. It happens to be the primary goal of the recruiter. After the job definition, a job ad is usually put out.
However, in some companies, this isn’t usually so. Some roles are very sensitive, and news of a vacancy is merely passed by word of mouth. In any case, once word of a role that needs filling is out, recruiters begin to receive applications.
Recruiters then go through these applications and select the most suitable
The next phase is the interview stage. Here, applicants with suitable job applications or qualifications are invited to an interview with a recruiter.
The interview process takes a structured approach. This means that it is formal and typically involves a panel or several interviewers.
A structured interview usually begins with an interviewer saying a few words about the position applied for and the company. Then, a few questions would be asked.
These questions usually border on work experience and educational qualifications. Then, the interviewer asks if the applicant has any questions for the panel. In this sort of interview, it’s smart always to have questions prepared.
Successful applicants are given a job offer after passing this stage of the interview.
- Find your Job
- Upload your resume & cover letter
- Confirmation email
- Selection process
- HR Interview
- Pre-employment Assessments
- Hiring Manager Interviews
- Job Offers
- Start your first day
Employment Assessment Test At YUM! Brands
Resume expert review
You compete with many candidates, and someone must go through your resume to increase your chances of getting hired at YUM! Brands
About the Company
Yum! Brands, formerly Tricon Global Restaurants, is an American fast food corporation listed on the Fortune 1000. Yum! Operates the brands KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, The Habit Burger Grill, and WingStreet worldwide, except in China, where the brands are operated by a separate company, Yum China.
Yum China Holdings is an American Fortune 500 fast-food restaurant company incorporated in the United States with operational headquarters in Shanghai, China.
Headquarters: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
- KFC is an American fast-food restaurant chain headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, that specializes in fried chicken.
- Pizza Hut is an American restaurant chain and international franchise founded in 1958 in Wichita, Kansas by Dan and Frank Carney.
- Taco Bell is an American-based chain of fast-food restaurants originating in Irvine, California in 1962, by founder Glen Bell.
- WingStreet is an American restaurant chain specializing in chicken.
- The Habit Burger Grill is an American fast-casual restaurant chain that specializes in charbroiled hamburgers.
Common Interview Questions
- What is your major weakness?
- What is your long-term employment or career objectives?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your favorite website?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your attrition rate for the organization?
- What is the name of our CEO?
- What is important to you in a company?
- What interests you about this job?
- What have you learned from your mistakes?
- What have been some of your biggest challenges during your career?
- What gets you up in the morning?