What Is the USA Hire Assessment Test
USA Hire online assessments and Federal Government job application is an online assessment designed to match qualified applicants to the job openings.
The specific assessments you will be asked to take will differ depending on the job to which you are applying.
USA Hire process and application
- Find a vacancy on USAJOBS.
- Apply Online – start the application process
- Upload your resume
- Complete the assessment questionnaire
USA Hire Test Scores
It’s important to improve your score by practicing before you start the assessment test.
Generally, your scores will be valid for 12 calendar months from the completion date.
If in your account has an existing USA Hire assessment score, you do not need to retake it.
The existing USA Hire score will be automatically applied to the positions you apply to
Assessment test sections
USA Hire will include the following sections
- Biographical Data Questionnaire
- Cognitive Exams
- Occupational Interaction Assessment
- Occupational Math Assessment
- Occupational Judgment Assessment
- Occupational Reading Assessment
- Personality Test
- Verbal Reasoning Tests
Start practice today and improve your hiring chancesOnline USA Hire Assessment Preparation
General interview questions
Most common job interview questions
- How much do you expect to get paid?
- Do you take work home with you?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What were some of the things about the last job that you found most difficult for you?
- What do you consider your best accomplishment in your last job?
- Sell Me This Pen.
- Is There Anything Else You’d Like Us to Know?
- What questions do you have for me?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
Open Jobs at USA Hire:
- Public jobs
- Federal employees
- Military spouses
- National Guard & Reserves
- Students & recent graduates
- Senior executives
- Individuals with disabilities
- Family of overseas employees
- Native Americans
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps VISTA
- Special authorities
Occupational Reasoning assessment USA Hire
USA Hire is a talent assessment tool developed by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) for use by federal agencies in the United States. The Occupational Reasoning Assessment (ORA) is a component of the USA Hire system.
The ORA measures cognitive abilities and job-related reasoning skills, including:
- Verbal Reasoning: measures a person’s ability to understand and analyze written information.
- Numerical Reasoning: measures a person’s ability to understand and use mathematical concepts.
- Inductive Reasoning: measures a person’s ability to identify patterns and make logical inferences.
- Deductive Reasoning: measures a person’s ability to apply rules and make logical conclusions.
- Spatial Reasoning: measures a person’s ability to understand and manipulate visual information.
The purpose of the ORA is to provide a quick and objective assessment of a candidate’s cognitive abilities and to determine their potential for success in various federal job positions. The results of the ORA are intended to be used in conjunction with other factors, such as education and experience, in making hiring decisions.
Below are the most common ones:
|Border Patrol Agent Exam||civil service Police Operations||Air Marshal Written Exam|
|Border Patrol exam||Dispatcher Test||Air Traffic Controller Test|
|Chicago Police Practice||911 Dispatcher||Assistant Director Exam|
|Civil Service Clerical Exam Practice||Civil Service Supervisor Exam||ASVAB Test|
|Louisiana 8100 PLE Exam||Clerical Associate Exam||Bookkeeper Exam|
|Mail Clerk Exam Practice||Correction Officer Test||Budget Technician Exam|
|Massachusetts Police Exam||correctional officer exam||California Police Test|
|USPS Exam||Court Officer Exam||Canada public service Office Skills Tests|
|New Jersey LEE Police Exam||Public Safety Officer Test||CRA Clerical Test|
|NYC Bookkeeper Exam Practice||School Secretary Exam Practice||Data Entry Operator Exam|
|NYPD Police Officer Exam||Secret Service Special Agent Exam||EDPT Test|
|NYPD School Safety Agent Exam||Secretary Exam||Environmental Police Exam|
|Peace Officer Exam||Special Agent Exam||Finance Clerk|
|Police Exam||State Trooper Exam||Firefighter Test|
|Police Records Clerk Exam||Toll Collector Exam||GardaWorld Screening Officer X-Ray Test|
|USPS Exam 474||TSA Exam||HSI Special Agent Test|
|census employment test||US Capitol Police Exam||Immigrant Enforcement Agent Test|
|Library Clerk Exam||USA Hire Assessment Exams||Las Vegas Police Exam|
|FBI Special Agent|
Sample Question 1: Situational Judgement
You are working on a project with a tight deadline when a coworker asks for your help with a problem they’re experiencing on their own project. How do you respond?
A) You stop what you’re doing and help them, regardless of your own deadline. B) You explain that you’re too busy with your own project and can’t assist them. C) You ask them if the problem could wait until you’ve finished your current task. D) You suggest they seek help from someone else who might not be as busy.
Sample Question 2: Reasoning
Consider the following pattern of numbers: 2, 4, 8, 16, 32. Which number comes next?
A) 40 B) 48 C) 64 D) 100
Sample Question 3: Problem Solving
You’re leading a team that’s facing a challenge due to a lack of communication between team members. What’s the most effective first step you can take to address this problem?
A) Hold a team meeting to discuss the problem and suggest ways to improve communication. B) Implement mandatory communication training for all team members. C) Speak with each team member individually to understand their communication issues. D) Ignore the issue, hoping it will resolve itself over time.
Online USA Hire Assessment Preparation
The USA Hire Assessment, conducted by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), is a collection of online evaluations tailored to measure the fundamental cognitive and interpersonal skills of applicants. Typically, the completion of the entire USA Hire Assessment process requires approximately 2-3 hours.