Learn about the recruiting process. Find the important interview skills tips that will ensure you pass your interview and assessments easily.
The recruitment process at Younkers, a department store retailer, may vary depending on the specific role you are applying for and the location of the store.
The company may screen applications to determine which candidates are best suited for the role. This may include checking references, verifying education and employment history, and conducting initial phone screens.
If you’re looking to practice for an interview for a position at Younkers, here are some steps you can take:
- Review common interview questions: Familiarize yourself with common interview questions, such as “Tell me about yourself,” “Why do you want to work for Younkers?” and “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” and practice answering these questions out loud.
- Practice with a friend or family member: Have a friend or family member play the role of the interviewer and ask you the questions you’ve prepared for. This will help you get comfortable with answering questions in a simulated interview setting.
- Record yourself: Record yourself answering interview questions and watch the recording to identify areas for improvement.
- Rehearse body language: Pay attention to your body language during the interview process. Make sure you maintain eye contact, sit up straight, and avoid nervous habits such as fidgeting or playing with your hair.
- Prepare for specific company-related questions: Research Younkers and be prepared to answer questions related to the company’s history, mission, and values.
- Anticipate behavioral-based questions: Prepare for behavioral-based interview questions, which ask you to describe specific situations in which you demonstrated certain skills or qualities, such as teamwork or problem-solving.
About the company
Younkers Inc. is an American online retailer and former department store chain founded in 1856 in Keokuk, Iowa, United States, as a family-run dry goods business.
Number of locations: 50 over 270 stores
Headquarters: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Younkers number of employees > 1,000
Steps in the interview process
You can expect to have anywhere between two and four interviews before receiving a job offer. If you are interviewing for a high-level executive position, though, you may need to go on more than four interviews.
- Application – Create Your Profile
- Find your Job
- Selection process
- HR Interview
- Pre-employment Assessments
- Hiring Manager Interviews
- Job Offers
- Start your first day
Pre-Employment Assessment Test Preparation
As you can imagine, the process can vary greatly depending on the position you are looking to fill. Also, depending on your location, some branches may include additional evaluations.
Aptitude tests, Numerical, verbal, AON, Hogan, SJT
Common interview questions
- How Would Your Boss and Coworkers Describe You?
- How long do you expect to work for this company?
- What Are Your Salary Requirements?
- What Do You Think We Could Do Better or Differently?
- Why Do You Want to Work at This Company?
- What motivates you?
- How much do you expect to get paid?
- Can You Explain Why You Changed your Career Paths?
- Why do you want this job?
- What’s a Time You Disagreed With a Decision That Was Made at Work?