Take our Woodside practice exam to assess your knowledge of common exam subjects, reading comprehension, personality test writing, and basic math.
With over 65 years of experience, Woodside Petroleum is Australia’s leading natural gas producer and is very passionate about building a better future by solving energy challenges. They are your go-to for efficient and eco-friendly energy.
With such a profile and reputation, it’ll no doubt be a great addition to your portfolio if you get the right job here.
Company Hiring Process
At Woodside Petroleum, there are several full-time career opportunities in various fields relevant to the company’s growth. You can also access graduate or vacation programs.
The application process is simple. You should prepare a solid application that gives you an edge and apply either in person/via agencies or right on the website.
Depending on the role being applied for, the length of the application process ranges from as low as 1 week to as high as 3 months.
The entire process involves applying, taking some tests, getting interviewed, and finally having a background check run on you – medical and criminal.
Company Assessment Tests
There are different types of tests used in this recruitment process:
- Psychometric tests: These usually take the form of Intelligent quotient and Emotional quotient assessments and are conducted online.
- Pymetrics testing: A series of online games test several cognitive abilities. It’s usually timed and very fun.
- Assessment centre: this is divided into 3 stages, with the last stage as an interview. Prepare ahead by role-playing exercises, as the main focus is on your skills and capabilities.
Information about our what to expect when taking a Revelian assessment
What is Revelian test
The Revelian test includes several sub-tests, each measuring different aspects of a candidate’s cognitive abilities, such as verbal, numerical, and abstract reasoning. The test is timed, and candidates must complete the sub-tests within the allotted time.
In addition to cognitive ability tests, the Revelian test also includes personality and work style assessments. These assessments measure a candidate’s personality traits, such as emotional stability, conscientiousness, openness to experience, and work styles preferences, such as teamwork, leadership, and attention to detail.
Unlike many others who conduct either virtual or face-to-face interviews, Woodside Petroleum conducts both.
The online interview is usually one-way and requires you to make a recording of answering questions already provided for you.
On the other hand, the face-to-face interview is done with the HR team and at least one member of your department of interest.
Asides from general interview questions like reasons for wanting to join the team, you can expect the questions to be within the scope of:
- past experiences
- situational type
Overall, learning about the company prior and putting it to good use when answering questions will definitely beef up your chances of acing the interview.
Woodside Petroleum Engineer Interview
Woodside Petroleum is a leading Australian independent oil and gas company. If you are preparing for an interview for an Engineering role at Woodside Petroleum, here are some steps you can take to increase your chances of success:
- Research the company: Learn as much as you can about Woodside Petroleum, its operations, projects, values, and culture.
- Prepare your resume and cover letter: Ensure that your resume and cover letter highlight your relevant skills, experience, and education that align with the job requirements.
- Network: Reach out to people in your network who work at Woodside Petroleum or who have connections there. Attend events and networking opportunities hosted by the company.
- Prepare for the interview: Practice answering common interview questions, and be prepared to provide specific examples of your experience and skills, particularly in relation to the engineering field. Research the company’s values, culture, and projects to demonstrate your interest and fit for the company.
- Dress professionally: Choose appropriate attire for the interview, such as a suit or dress pants and a blazer, to demonstrate your professionalism and interest in the role.
- Arrive early: Plan to arrive at least 10-15 minutes before your scheduled interview time to allow yourself time to relax and prepare mentally.
- Be confident and personable: During the interview, make eye contact, smile, and engage in conversation to demonstrate your confidence and interest in the role. Be prepared to answer technical questions related to your engineering field and your industry experience.
- Follow up: After the interview, consider sending a thank-you note to the interviewer to express your appreciation for their time and to reiterate your interest in the role.