Landing a job at Kroger is relatively easy. Below we will outline the hiring process, so you have a better understanding of what to expect.
- How long does it take to hear back from Kroger?
- How many interviews does Kroger do?
- How long is a job interview at Kroger?
- How do I pass a Kroger interview?
- How do I know if I got hired at Kroger?
- How to pass a Kroger interview?
- What questions does Kroger ask in an interview?
- What are the 10 most common interview questions and answers?
The first thing you should do is visit Kroger’s website: https://jobs.kroger.com/. From there, you will need to create an account to be able to review the positions available within the company. Once you have selected the one you are interested in, fill out the required information such as contact, education, job experience, gender, race, and so on.
Also, you will be asked to complete a series of pre-employment questions.
In some cases, you will have the option to upload your resume/CV as a simple Word document or PDF; as well as a reference letter. Nonetheless, these are not necessarily required and will not affect your chances of getting the job.
Employment Assessment Test at Kroger
After you submit the application at Kroger, you will be directed to an employment test. The exam consists of a series of statements with multiple-choice answers. For each question, you will be given four possible solutions: Strongly Agree, Agree, Disagree, and Strongly Disagree.
The test is nothing to worry about, as most questions can be answered using your common sense.
In some cases, assessments may include a situational-based question to assess your skills and competencies. More often than not, these scenarios are job-specific. Thus, try your best to imagine what would be the most efficient way to solve the problem.
Kroger assessment test includes: Personality tests, SJT, Hogan, Numerical, verbal, and Mechanical Aptitude Tests
Start practice today and improve your hiring chances
Interview Question at Kroger
If you seem like the right fit for the job, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview. Usually, the meeting consists of a one-on-one interview with the store manager or director. Expect the usual questions, such as:
- Why do you want to work at Kroger?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
- How will you manage an argument with a co-worker?
Usually, the interview does not last more than 40 minutes. Thus, bring your A-game and put your best self forward.
Background Check & Drug Test
Before getting hired, you will need to pass a drug test. Believe it or not, this is where most candidates fail. Hence, do not apply if you think you will not be able to pass the test.
In addition, the company will conduct a thorough background check to make sure you are fit for the position. However, keep in mind that it usually takes a week for the results to get back, so do not worry if you are not contacted right away!
Orientation and Training
If you pass the drug test and background check, you will be contacted to assist with orientation and begin your training. Usually, two or three other new hires will accompany you through the process. Depending on the job, orientation can take anything from a day to a week.
There you have it, the complete hiring process for Kroger!
|Operations Manager||Patient Services Representative|
|Inventory Control||Store Management|
|Pharmacy Technician||eCommerce Assortment Manager|
|Technology Ecomm IT||Assistant Digital Merchant|
|Corporate Health||Hiring Specialist|
About The Company
Kroger Company, or simply Kroger, is an American retail company founded by Bernard Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is the United States’ largest supermarket by revenue.
Headquarters: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. Number of locations: 2,789
Open position 6,700+
Number of employees: more than 450,000
- Harris Teeter Supermarkets is an American supermarket chain based in Matthews, North Carolina.
- Fred Meyer is a chain of hypermarket superstores founded in 1931 in Portland, Oregon.
- Ralphs is an American supermarket chain in Southern California.
- King Soopers is a supermarket brand of Kroger in the Rocky Mountains of the United States.
- Smith’s Food and Drug, simply known as Smith’s, is a supermarket chain that was founded in 1911 in Brigham City, Utah, by Lorenzo Smith.
- Food 4 Less is a national grocery store grocery chain currently owned by Kroger.
- Dillons is a grocery supermarket chain based in Hutchinson, Kansas.
- Home Chef is a Chicago, Illinois-based meal kit and food delivery company that delivers pre-portioned ingredients and recipes to subscribers weekly in the United States.
- QFC Quality Food Centers is a supermarket chain based in Bellevue, Washington.
- Vitacost.com is an American e-commerce company based in Boca Raton, Florida that sells vitamins, supplements, and organic grocery products.
- JayC Food Stores is a supermarket chain with locations in Southern Indiana.
- Fry’s Food and Drug is a chain of supermarkets that has a major presence in the U.S. state of Arizona. Fry’s also operates under the banner of Fry’s Marketplace, a combination of groceries and general merchandise comparable to a Wal-Mart Supercenter.
- i-wireless is a United States mobile virtual network operator providing domestic telecommunications services via the Nationwide Sprint Network.
- City Market is a supermarket brand of Kroger in the Rocky Mountains of the United States.
- Murray’s Cheese is an artisanal cheese and specialty foods retailer and wholesaler based in Greenwich Village in New York City.
- Roundy’s is a subsidiary of Kroger, which operates 145 supermarkets and 99 pharmacies throughout the states of Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Fred Meyer Jewelers is a national chain of jewelers. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fred Meyer and Kroger. The company also operates under the name Littman Jewelers.
- Kwik Shop is a chain of convenience stores and gas stations headquartered in Hutchinson, Kansas, and located through Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa.
- Loaf ‘N Jug is a chain of convenience stores.
- Ruler Foods is a discount warehouse store grocery chain in the United States.
- Baker’s is a supermarket chain operating primarily in the metro area of Omaha, Nebraska.
- Pay Less Super Markets are a chain of nine supermarkets located in central Indiana.
- Owen’s Market is a small chain of grocery stores located in northern Indiana.
- Barclay Jewelers Jewelry stores company.
In The News
Kroger is hosting a job fair this weekend. Here’s how you can interview
Kroger hosting job fair Saturday to fill 600 positions
Kroger to hold job fair, seeking to fill nearly 500 jobs
3 thoughts on “The Hiring Process at Kroger”
work balance was not very good but management was always willing to help you.
Good company, Good pay. no complaints good benefits a great group of people to work with them.
Kroger has 500 job openings in its Atlanta division
Comments are closed.