The interviews are generally competency-based questions that allow Teck Resources to discuss your experience, strengths, and skills for the role.
Questions and Answers about Teck Resources Hiring Process.
- What are the 4 stages of the interview process?
- How many candidates are usually shortlisted for the final interview?
- What are the signs that you will be hired after an interview?
- How do you answer why we should hire you ?
- How long does the hiring process take?
The Hiring Process
The hiring process at Teck Resources may vary based on the position, department, and location, but here is a general overview of what candidates might expect, along with some common questions and answers.
What Should You Expect During The Recruitment Process?
- virtual interviews
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Assessment – behavioural and technical questions (Mechanical Assessment Test, Personality Test)
- Job Offer
Teck Resources known as Teck Cominco until late 2008, is a diversified natural resources company engaged in mining and mineral development, including coal for the steelmaking industry, copper, zinc, and energy.
Headquarters: Vancouver, Canada
- Teck Metals provides mining services.
- Highland Valley Copper Operations is a copper and molybdenum operation located in south-central British Columbia.
- Galore Creek Mining Corporation is a 50/50 partnership between Newmont Corporation (“Newmont”) and Teck Resources Limited
- Cardinal River Operations is a steelmaking coal mine
- Schaft Creek
- Bamoos Minerals
- Teck Nova Scotia
- Teck Ireland Limited operates as an exploration and production company
- NuevaUnión SpA is an equally shared joint venture between the Canadian mining companies Teck Resources Ltd. y Goldcorp Inc.
- Williams Operating was founded in 1989. The Company’s line of business includes the mining of gold ores from lode deposits.
Start practice today and improve your hiring chances
Interviewing at Teck Resources can be an opportunity to showcase your skills, experiences, and alignment with the company’s values and industry focus. As with many organizations, preparation and understanding the company’s needs are key to success.
- Why do you want to work here?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What can you bring to the company?
- What did you like about your previous job, and why are you leaving?
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake or experienced a failure and how you dealt with it.
- What are you looking for in this role
Build your Future at Teck Resources. Explore the World – Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022.
- Senior Lead, Geotechnical Engineering
- Human Resources Advisor
- Journeyperson Millwright
- Mine Engineering Co-op Student
- Coordinator, Environment
- Senior Lead, Water Monitoring
- Haul Truck Operator – (Permanent Opportunities)
- Surface Crew Operator (Temporary)
- Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student
- Reliability Engineering Co-op Student
- Accounting Assistant
- Reliability Engineer
- Welder Journeyperson
- Administrative Assistant