Be ready to describe your interest in the role or in working for the agency or the NSW Public Service.
- How long government hiring process takes?
- How long does it take to hear back from an NSW government job application?
- What are the 5 stages of the hiring process?
- How do you know if you got a government job?
- Do government jobs call references?
- How long does the government take to shortlist candidates?
- What is the difference between under review and under consideration?
- How soon after you apply do you hear back?
The NSW Government recruitment processes help to show if you are the person best suited to the job and the agency.
The hiring process at NSW Government takes an average of 2 month
- Essential requirements
- Behavioural interview
- Assessments and interviews
- Employment offer
Familiarizing yourself with the key capabilities and the role requirements will help you when preparing for each stage of the assessment process.
- Psychological Assessment
- Work sample exercises
- Group exercises
- Role plays
- Case study exercises
- Case interviews
- In-tray exercises
- Written exercise
- Technical skills assessments
- Situational judgement tests
- Assessment centres
Start Practicing Today – Online Revelian Assessment Preparation
NSW Government Careers and Employment
Explore all the current vacancies.
- Casework Coordinator, Youth Koori Court
- Heritage Council of NSW Committee Member
- Director, Capital Campaigns
- Director – Workforce Engagement & Culture
- Principal Risk Management Lead
- Director Solutions and Services
- Director, Operations Metropolitan
- Chief Information Officer (CIO) – NSW Treasury
- JCPR Caseworker
- Executive Director Business Enablement
- Veterans Employment Program
- Arabic Multicultural Child Protection Caseworker
- Caseworker Student Campaign
- Youth Justice Caseworker