Learn about the recruiting process and assessment at Pacific Gas & Electric.
Find the important interview skills tips that will ensure that you pass your interview and assessments easily
The Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an American investor-owned utility with publicly-traded stock.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 16 million people
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Parent organization: PG&E Corporation
Hiring Process Steps
- Find your Job
- Upload your resume & cover letter
- Confirmation email
- Selection process
- HR Interview
- Pre-employment Assessments
- Hiring Manager Interviews
- Job Offers
- Start your first day
Pre-Employment Assessment Test Preparation
As you can imagine, the process can vary greatly depending on the position you are looking to fill. Also, depending on your location, some branches may include additional evaluations.
PG&E Pre-Employment Practice Tests:
Hogan, Aptitude tests, Numerical, verbal, AON, SJT
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your interview.
The interviewer doesn’t care that you are nervous and doesn’t have a preconceived notion about what your answers should be.
- Do more than just basic research.
- Make sure you make a great first impression.
- Be prepared with examples of your work.
- Bring a copy of your resume to every interview.
- Keep your answers concise and focused.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your interview.
- Practice your speaking voice and body language.
- Send a personalized thank you letter after the interview.
Common Interview Questions
This is perhaps the most important part of the job application process.
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is the single largest problem facing your team today?
- What is a typical day/week or month for someone in this position?
- What do you know about the company?
- What do you consider your best accomplishment in your last job?
- What are some things you would like to avoid in a job? And Why?
- Tell me about your education.
- How would you describe yourself?
- How much do you expect to get paid?
- How long do you expect to work for this company?
- How do others describe you?
- Do you take work home with you?
- Do you consider yourself to be thoughtful, analytical?
Working at Pacific Gas And Electric Company
Start your job search here:
|Expert Penetration Tester||Concord, CA, US, 94518|
|Electric Utility Worker(IBEW)- GC- San Jose||San Jose, CA, US, 95131|
|Electric Standards Engineer (ESC) – San Ramon||San Ramon, CA, US, 94583|
|Land Technician-Chico||Chico, CA, US, 95926|
|Senior IT Network Specialist||Concord, CA, US, 94520|
|Strategic Analyst – San Francisco, CA||San Francisco, CA, US, 94105|
|Senior Grid Innovation Engineer – San Francisco, CA||San Francisco, CA, US, 94105|
|Associate Day Ahead Analyst – San Francisco, CA||San Francisco, CA, US, 94105|
|Electric Program Manager, Expert (Power Generation)||San Francisco, CA, US, 94105|
|Associate Portfolio Management Analyst – San Francisco, CA||San Francisco, CA, US, 94105|
|Senior Business System Specialist-San Ramon||San Ramon, CA, US, 94583|
|External Reporting Analyst, Senior||San Francisco, CA, US, 94105|
|Associate Security Control Center Specialist||Vacaville, CA, US, 95688|
|Engineering Estimator – Electric, Chico||Chico, CA, US, 95926|
|Associate Gas Integrity Management Engineer||Walnut Creek, CA, US, 94598|
|Engineering Estimator – Electric; Eureka||Eureka, CA, US, 95501|
|Portfolio Management Analyst – San Francisco, CA||San Francisco, CA, US, 94105|
|Service Representative I: Salinas- Local Office (IBEW)||Salinas, CA, US, 93901|
|Intermittent Service Representative I: Stockton- Local Office (IBEW)||Stockton, CA, US, 95202|