Read reviews about the application process & interviews at BHP. Get real insights into getting a job at BHP.
- How long does the BHP interview process take?
- How long does it take BHP to get back to you?
- What are the 5 stages of the hiring process?
- How long does the hiring process take?
- Is it hard to get into BHP?
- What should a bhp interview say?
- What is bhp virtual assessment?
- Does BHP have a Graduate or Internship Program for students?
Company Hiring Process
BHP has developed a reliable process to help them find the right fit for the various available roles on their teams. The application process is very quick and simple, and you can find videos detailing all you need to apply on the site, as well as a step-by-step guide.
While some roles require mining knowledge and experience, others do not. Also, ensure that you have updated your resume or LinkedIn profile before applying.
The initial contact is by phone, after which you’ll receive online evaluations by mail, followed by an interview, medical checks, and then documentation.
From the time of application, it takes about 2 weeks to hear from the talent acquisition team. However, it might take longer depending on the role applied for, the assessment tools used, and the number of applications received.
Company Assessment Tests
At the start of the recruitment process, a talent acquisition partner is assigned as your main point of contact and offers support in answering questions, sending evaluations, scheduling your interview, and onboarding.
Depending on the role you’ve applied for, the evaluation/tests can take one of two forms:
- Cognitive tests: these test your thinking abilities.
- Psychometric tests: these test your cognitive abilities and personality.
Start practice today and improve your hiring chances
The interview process is done either face-to-face or virtually. At BHP, the STAR methodology is used – Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Basically, you’re required to answer questions using honest, real-life stories even if the results didn’t go great.
For a video interview, you can dress similarly to a physical interview: Smart-Casual, and ensure your devices are well charged and connected to the internet. Finally, you don’t have to worry if your connection fails and the call ends abruptly, as the team will either reschedule for later or arrange an alternative way to conduct your interview.
About The Company
BHP Group Limited is an Australian multinational mining, metals, natural gas petroleum public company
Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
Subsidiary: Australian Iron & Steel, Australian Iron & Steel was an Australian iron and steel manufacturer.
With your skills and talent, there’s a world of opportunity waiting at BHP.
Graduate and student programs the company looking for our next generation of exceptional leaders.
You’ll collaborate on projects across multiple disciplines and be supported and coached to deliver successful business outcomes.
The company offers the program in four countries:
Australian programs, Singapore programs, US programs, and Chile programs
- Mechanical Technician – Ancillary | WAIO | Jimblebar
- Superintendent Operations | Nickel West | Kambalda
- Specialist Project Delivery | Perth
- Indigenous Only | Expressions of Interest | Environment Specialist
- Superintendent Leinster Town & Village
- Mine Employee
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer | FIFO | 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Programa de Entrenamiento Operadores(as) Mina. Minera Escondida
- Supervisor AHA OT Site Operations
- Administrator Procurement Processing | Invoice Processing & Escalation | Fixed Term
- Project Engineer | Perth
- Specialist Governance Sales
- Mantenedor(a) Hidráulico de Procesos
- Engineer Ore Car | Port Hedland
- Technician Auto Electrical